09 May Second Partner Meeting of the Global Peatlands Initiatives, Jakarta, 15 – 17 May 2017
For the JOINT PRESS RELEASE by the Peatland Restoration Agency, Republic of Indonesia; the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Republic of Indonesia; and UN Environment click here
For the video address by Erik Solheim, Head of UN Environment, click here
The Second Partners Meeting of the Global Peatlands Initiative is taking place at the Le Meredien Hotel in Jakarta from 15-17 May. The 16th is a field trip to Siak District in Raiu. The meeting will be an opportunity to:
- Exchange experiences between key peatland countries.
- Discuss methods and techniques to measure and assess peatland area, thickness, water table and change.
- Discuss new discoveries and share approaches and technologies for restoration, conservation and sustainable use of peatlands.
Participants (among others)
- Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Republic of Indonesia
- Peatland Restoration Agency (Badan Restorasi Gambut), Republic of Indonesia
- Representative of the Republic of the Congo Government
- Representative of the Democratic Republic of the Congo Government
- UN Environment
- Promotion Fund of Protected Natural Areas of Peru (Profonanpe)
- Food and Agricultural Organization of the UN
- Greifswald Mire Centre, University of Greifswald
- Ramsar Secretariat
- World Resources Institute
- Wageningen University
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
- Center for International Forestry Research
- IUCN UK Peatland Programme
- Global Green Growth Institute